It all started with a prayer
Zionsville Young Life depends on others to continually lift up in prayer to the Lord the people, plans, and challenges of our mission.
Prayer has been a foundational discipline within the Young Life ministry since Jim Rayburn formed his first club in Gainesville, Texas. Throughout our history, everything from daily work to major decisions has been preceded by a conscious effort to pray and seek God's will for the mission. As the ministry continues to grow throughout our community, the leadership of Zionsville Young Life wants to intentionally and consistently pray over our work of introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
Join Our Prayer Team
If you want to join our prayer team and receive a monthly email with requests to help cover our ministry in prayer, please enter your information below.
- Fundraising: Friends, this is our most urgent prayer need right now! Our area is very much in need of funds. We're confident He will provide, but we need to be diligent in seeking financial support. Please pray for new and successful fundraising opportunities and for new monthly donors who feel called to support us.
- More adult committee members and volunteer leaders: The harvest is great in Zionsville, but the workers are too few! Please pray for God to help us identify new leaders who love Jesus, love kids, and know YL. We also pray for adults to join our steering committee in planning, fundraising, and supporting our staff and leaders.
- Family camp: Young Life ends the summer camping season with a short Family Camp over Labor Day weekend. Andy and Darcy will be heading back to Timberwolf Lake in Michigan along with a few other families from Zionsville and hundreds from around the region. We pray for safety, fun, and connection with Christ and the mission of YL!
- Local churches: We continue praying that God would open up opportunities for us to partner with local churches. This month, we'd love you to pray for Zionsville Presbyterian and Eagle Church.
- The start of the school year provides the opportunity for a fresh and exciting beginning. We thank God for the new opportunities we'll have to reach kids for Christ.
- Another successful YL camp trip in July! We know He worked in the hearts of each student and leader that week, and that He'll continue using the seeds that were planted.
- Student participation and new contacts made at the Zionsville HS activities fairrecently! Lots of kids stopped by, so we're praying it would lead to attendance at club and other activities so that we might reach more kids for Jesus!
- The completion of our first annual YL Par-Tee at Top Golf yesterday! While we didn't get the attendance we'd hoped for, we're confident God brought the right people and sowed seeds that will continue growing. We've got big hopes for this event in the future and were glad to pull it off this year!