It all started with a prayer
Zionsville Young Life depends on others to continually lift up the people, plans, and challenges of the Young Life mission to the Lord.
Prayer has been a foundational discipline within the Young Life ministry since the day Jim Rayburn formed his first club in Gainesville, Texas. Throughout our history, everything from daily work to major decisions has been preceded with a conscious effort toward prayer and seeking God's will for the mission. As Young Life continues to grow throughout our community, the leadership of Zionsville Young Life wants to intentionally and consistently pray over our work to introduce adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
Join Our Prayer Team
If you want to join our prayer team and receive regular prayer requests to help cover our ministry in prayer, please enter your information below.
- Blessings for our volunteer leaders: We continue to be thankful for our volunteer leaders who give so generously of their time and talents! We're praying that God would continually bless them, specifically with passion, enthusiasm, time for contact work, and investment in the lives of Zionsville students.
- Fundraising efforts and ideas: Please pray that God's will would be done with regard to our finances. We're continuously brainstorming new ways to raise runds, and we pray that God would reveal His plans in this area.
- For our new semester of activities: We pray that God would bless our planning and execution of clubs, Campaigners meetings, camp trips, and contact work.
- For our camp & service trips: We're praying about whether God wants us to do another service trip to the Dominican Republic over Spring break, as well as for a lot of interest in our planned camp trip to Timberwolf Lake in late-July.
- More adult involvement and support: We're praying for more Christian brothers and sisters to become personally involved in helping the ministry (e.g., volunteer leaders; committee and sub-committee members; active “Friends of Young Life”).
- Our year-end giving campaigns were a huge success! For those who participated by praying or giving, we're honored you continue supporting us! As we'll note below, our work is never done with regard to raising funds, but we must acknowledge God's faithfulness in providing greatly the past two months.
- We want to say a special thank you for the success of our Capernaum club for students with special needs this past semester. We have a regular group of students attending each month and have also experienced a great response from parents. We know God is present in each meeting and working on the hearts of kids and their families.