It all started with a prayer
Zionsville Young Life depends on others to continually lift up the people, plans, and challenges of the Young Life mission to the Lord.
Prayer has been a foundational discipline within the Young Life ministry since the day Jim Rayburn formed his first club in Gainesville, Texas. Throughout our history, everything from daily work to major decisions has been preceded with a conscious effort toward prayer and seeking God's will for the mission. As Young Life continues to grow throughout our community, the leadership of Zionsville Young Life wants to intentionally and consistently pray over our work to introduce adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith.
Join Our Prayer Team
If you want to join our prayer team and receive regular prayer requests to help cover our ministry in prayer, please enter your information below.
- Year-end fundraising efforts. We mailed a giving appeal and are also emailing potential donors about the nationwide "Giving Tuesday" event on 11/28. Please pray that God's will would be done with regard to our finances.
- Churches in our area. We pray that the churches in our area would recognize the important role YL can play in sharing the good news with kids in fun, accessible ways and through strong relationships. We pray each church would be a vibrant, healthy environment for us to send adolescents and that churches would be open to supporting us. Please pray by name for Traders Point Christian Church and Zionsville Fellowship this month.
- For all of our leaders! Please ask God to bless them with energy, passion, and boldness as they go out into the community to connect with kids. We pray for deep, meaningful relationships that lead to growth in Christ.
- For more "friends of Young Life." We'd love to grow our cohort of supportive adults who support our mission and leaders in various ways, and who spread the word about YL.
- We continue to thank God for (and lean heavily upon) our new volunteer leaders. Please thank God for sending them to us!
- The "friend-raising" concert we held in October in lieu of a banquet was a fun, successful evening. Please thank God for those in our community who understand the mission of YL and continually support us.
- Our leadership team and several committee members attended a regional YL retreat in Southern Indiana a few weeks ago. Thank God for safe travels and the fellowship we were able to enjoy.